The day Adolf Hitler died – level 1
Germany loses the battle at Stalingrad in 1943. After this loss, Adolf Hitler starts to change. He is more nervous. His left hand is shaking.
Then in July 1944, somebody tries to kill him. He survives the attack but his health isn’t good. It is difficult for him to move. He can’t keep his balance.
In January 1945, Hitler goes to his underground bunker in Berlin. Only some people stay with him.
When World War II is coming to an end in April, Hitler is still in his bunker. He prepares his poison. He writes his last will.
On April 30, 1945, he prepares a revolver and the poison. After lunch, he and his wife say goodbye to their family and friends. Then they go to their room.
Next people hear a shot. Adolf Hitler is dead. His wife takes the poison. She is dead, too.
Difficult words: survive (to live after an accident), health (the situation of your body), bunker (a place underground which is difficult to destroy), still (when something continues), poison (a thing which can kill you if you eat it), will (a document which says what must happen with your money after you die), shot (the sound of a gun).
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.