The day a computer beat the best chess player – level 1
It is 1996. IBM builds a very strong computer. The computer can play chess. The computer plays against Garry Kasparov. Garry Kasparov is the best chess player.
Garry Kasparov wins the first match.
In 1997, they play the second match. The computer wins the second match. It is a big success for IBM. After the victory, IBM sells more products.
Difficult words: IBM (a technology company), chess (a board game), success (a situation when you get what you want), victory (a moment when you win).
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.