The day Wikipedia started – level 1
Wikipedia is an encyclopedia. People can use it online. It is a very popular website. It gives information about many topics. People can use it for free.
Wikipedia starts on January 15, 2001.
The goal of Wikipedia is to make a website where people can write true information about different things.
The name “Wikipedia” comes from the combination of the words “wiki”, which is quick in Hawaiian, and “encyclopedia”.
On its first day, Wikipedia has only a few articles, but it quickly grows to a big size. By the end of its first year, Wikipedia has 20,000 articles in many languages.
What impact has Wikipedia had on other online information sources?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.