The day the longest bridge was opened – level 1
The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is in China. The bridge opens on June 30, 2011. It is a bridge for high-speed trains. It is 164 kilometers long. It is the longest bridge in the world.
People build the bridge in four years. 10,000 workers build it.
Now, people can travel from Beijing to Shanghai in five hours. It is half of the previous travel time.
What advantages does the Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge provide for travelers?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.