The day the construction of Hoover Dam began – level 2
On July 7, 1930, the construction of the Hoover Dam began. It was built on the Colorado River, between the states of Arizona and Nevada. It was constructed to provide water and electricity for the states around it.
The construction of the dam was a massive project. Thousands of workers built the dam and it took five years to complete. Sometimes over 5,000 people worked on the dam in a single day.
The construction of the dam was a dangerous job. Over 100 workers lost their lives during the construction process.
The Hoover Dam is made of concrete and is 221 meters tall. It is one of the tallest concrete dams in the world.
What impact did the completion of Hoover Dam have on the US economy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.