The day bitcoin was created – level 2
Bitcoin is a digital currency. It was created on January 3, 2009, by Satoshi Nakamoto. Nobody knows who Nakamoto is. He is a mystery.
The first bitcoin transaction happened on January 12, 2009. This transaction happened between Satoshi Nakamoto and computer programmer Hal Finney. Nakamoto was the sender.
In this historic transaction, Nakamoto sent 10 bitcoins to Finney. Nakamoto wanted to test the newly created electronic cash system. This transaction showed that the software could successfully send digital currency between users.
What advantages do cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin offer compared to traditional forms of payment (e.g. credit cards)?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.