The day the longest bridge was opened – level 2
The Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge is in China. The bridge was officially opened to the public on June 30, 2011. It is a high-speed railway bridge which is 164 kilometers long. It is the longest bridge in the world.
The bridge was constructed in just four years, and 10,000 workers built it. It was designed to survive earthquakes and strong winds.
The bridge helped to shorten travel time between Beijing and Shanghai from 10 hours to just five hours.
What are some of the other benefits that the Danyang-Kunshan Grand Bridge has provided to the public?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.