The day of the Great Train Robbery – level 1
It is August 8, 1963. A train goes from Glasgow to London, England. The train carries post or mail and also £2.6 million. At the same time, 16 men are preparing to attack the train. They have a very clever plan.
The train is going through the fields. The men use a false red light. The train stops.
Then, the men attack the train. They take the train to a nearby bridge. They put 128 bags with money in a car. It is waiting under the bridge.
After the robbery, the men hide at a nearby farm. The police start to look for them. When the police come to the farm, the men aren’t there. Their fingerprints are still there. Now, the police know the men because the men were in prison before.
The men try to hide in a different place. Then the police find them all. The leaders go to prison for 30 years.
What do you think about this day?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with DAYS IN LEVELS
Days in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with Days in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two new articles article at Days in Levels every day.
- Read one previous article too and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the new article and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the new article without reading the text.
- Answer the question under the new article and write your answer in the comments.